As I am in the midst of college-ing, I have found that life can get rough. Especially when you forget to be kind to your body and mind. Introvert or Extrovert, you need a specific amount of time for re-charging. What that looks like and how long it is will vary based on each unique individual…
No matter who you are, you deserve to be cared for. So show yourself the love you deserve, and take time for you. You don’t have to feel guilty or selfish. These are needs that you have in order to be the best version of yourself!
So without further ado, here are 23 of my favorite activities of caring 🙂
- Take a bath and put extra bubble bath in. Don’t have a bath tub? Use your favorite body wash in the shower.
- Re-watch your favorite episode of a TV show on Netflix. For me, it’s The Office. Always 🙂
- YouTube “beginner yoga” videos and try it out on your living room floor.
- Re-arrange your closet or dresser. Organizing always helps me clear my head and makes my room feel less stressful/cluttered.
- Pamper yourself with body cream and give yourself a proper manicure/pedicure.
- Search for Pinterest recipes for a DIY at-home facial.
- Light a candle in your room.
- Buy a journal that makes you feel inspired and happy, and get writing!
- Strip your bed of all the sheets, pillow cases, and comforters. Wash and dry them with lots of dryer sheets
- Go to a museum in your city (or somewhere nearby) by yourself. Allow yourself to spend as much time at one exhibit/piece as you want.
- Find a library that currently has that book you’ve always wanted to read and go pick it up.
- Go for a run! The endorphins you get afterwards are totally worth the agony of the actual running…
- Create a new playlist of all your favorite songs and load it up onto your phone or Spotify to play when you are on a commute/hanging out at home.
- Go through your closet for old clothes that you don’t wear or use anymore. Research and find somewhere to drop off the clothes to donate.
- Read a passage of the Bible that you feel speaks to your current situation. Pray to God about what is on your heart and listen for a response.
- Deep condition your hair with a mask.
- Make some hot tea in your favorite mug, and cozy up somewhere with a blanket and maybe a book.
- Write down a list of the 20 things and people you are thankful for in your life right now.
- Make yourself breakfast early one morning and enjoy it in bed.
- Find an event going on in your city and attend it. Scared to go alone? Invite a friend/family member/co-worker.
- Look at old photos with people you love.
- Go for a hike or long walk in your area. Breathe in the fresh air and admire the nature around you!
- Play with a dog! If you don’t have one, Try visiting a shelter or even volunteering.